[/link:2] Download pdf to print or save this recipe.
This is a delicious way to roast lamb chops and potatoes.
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 4 small or 2 large
2 medium or large potatoes
40 gm lard
4 lamb chops or lamb leg steaks
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Wash or if necessary peel the potatoes and cut them in two lengthways. Boil them for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the lard in a frying pan and brown the meat for a few minutes on each side.
- Transfer the lard, meat and potatoes to a large baking tray.
- Sprinkle oregano and salt on the chops and salt and pepper on the potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray and turn the meat and potatoes over. Squash the surface of the potatoes slightly with a fork, and put a little butter, garlic and vinegar on them.
- Return the tray to the oven and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with cabbage and gravy, and either tomatoes roasted during the final 30 minutes or Provence stuffed tomatoes.
- Lamb leg steaks are a little cheaper than chops and don’t have bones.