Download pdf to print or save this recipe.
Total time: 40 minutes
Salmon and avocado are both high in omega-3 fatty acids, particularly if the salmon is organically raised or wild.
2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced
300 gm fresh baby spinach leaves
1 tbl oil
2 prepared garlic cloves or ¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tbl grated fresh root ginger or ¼ tsp ground ginger
juice of ½ lemon or 1½ tbl lemon juice
4 x 100 gm salmon fillets
4 small new potatoes, scrubbed
fresh coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
1 ripe avocado
60 ml plain yogurt
juice of 1 lemon or 3 tbl lemon juice
2 prepared garlic cloves or 1/8th tsp garlic powder
1 tbl oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 oC.
- Steam the leaks for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile line a medium-sized baking tray with greaseproof paper and place the spinach leaves in it.
- Mix the oil, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a cup.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile place the steamed leaks in the tray and lay the salmon fillets on top.
- Drizzle the oil and flavourings over the fish.
- Place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the avocado in two, scoop out the soft flesh and put it in a food blender or a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and blend or mash with a spoon to a smooth cream.
- Serve with the potatoes and avocado dressing, garnished with coriander leaves if liked.
- If the salmon fillets are very large, cut them in half and use half the number.
- Watch out for special offers at the fish counter.