Download pdf to print or save this recipe.
This is a cross between a pudding and a cake!
Using the quantities specified you will need two small loaf tins each of about 800 ml capacity or other ovenproof vessels of a similar capacity.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 - 8
baking paper (optional)
410 gm can of black cherry fruit filling
400 gm packet of plain sponge mix
120 ml milk
40 gm desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Line the loaf tins with baking paper, or grease them, or do neither.
- Put half the fruit filling in each loaf tin.
- Mix the sponge powder, eggs, milk and coconut in a bowl.
- Pour half the mixture into each loaf tin, and bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve with custard.
- Instead of the milk you could use 120 ml water + 12 gm or a heaped teaspoonful of milk powder.
- You could use apple filling instead of cherry filling.